martes, 13 de abril de 2010

SLEEPING IN A LADIES TOILET



I finally finished taking off, but later, starting at the afternoon after had breakfast with Lizzi, Lozo and Eric and just when started to rain, I only had to get away from the house and the journey begun. And so I ended up stopping five blocks away of lozo´s in the same service station where I had five days ago to ask for directions. Arranged luggage and started to move again to stop on a bus stop 2 km after when the rain was falling too hard. Half an hour later pulled back, trying to get my mood would not be affected by the bullets of water. The departure from Auckland was rather more complicated than I thought, luckily I had the GPS (GPS MUNDO cortesy) and I could ride avoiding forbidden places for cycling, until I run out of battery when I took , confused, the 1st highway where I didn´t last more than 5 km before I got the siren of a police car, sounding to stop me. Good Afternoon Sir, I got to tell you that what you are doing it's pretty illegal, Oh is it? Sorry, I did not know. He asked to see the passport, but always very friendly and told me to go with the car until the next exit one km away, Have a good trip, he said, closed the window and I started to pedal the km followed a few meters behind by the patrol to get Papakura and resume the Great South Road to the junction again with the 1st highway until reaching Bombay, though in reality I stay 500m before where there was a picnic area. assemble the tent under a tree, prepared some nuddles with the kitchen and leave me something like 100mm of water to brush my teeth the other day, pull all the clothes to create something that would isolate me from the cold and all overcoats went to bed at 10 pm after sending a message to tell Lozo where I was.
Slept from time to time getting up around 9 and a half in the morning. Undid everything and use 50mm for oral hygiene and I drunk the rest. The morning started cloudy and rainy, as I could not take the 1st hw I took a path that is parallel but uphill and down constantly, I finally finished cycling in the forbidden direction the last 500m just to take the highway 2 that allows Bicycles. stopped to prepare some nuddles after 40km and finally, drink water. Take the 25 that surrounds the Coromandel Peninsula to the northeast of the north island.Reached Thames around 5 pm and with a super annoying rain on me, stopped and bought something to eat, choice?, peanut butter and bread, pure calories,now that was pretty cold rain it was going to be neccesary.Looked for the public library to try to load the netbook, the cell phone and GPS, all out of batt, unfortunately closed at 5 so I had no choice but to pedal to the north. I was leaving behind choices of beaches to put the tent, although not free camping on the peninsula the idea was to avoid paying private one that costs $ 12 minimum. Passed trough Thornton Bay, Te Puru, Ruamahunga, Te Mata and ended stopping at a fairly large open area with a fairly large public restroom near Waikawau. The sun was falling on the sky that was quite open and left me enjoy at least ,from time to time ,the road that goes near the sea surrounded by trees that seems as giants bonsais (it sounds a contradiction but is what its looks like) which form tunnels on the asphalt. When I finished it was nightfall and a cold wind arose that forced me to improvise, prepare nuddles and instead of set up the tent I used as a second sleeping bag over the other and slept in the ladies room, much cleaner than the other one .

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario